There’s a piece of property across the road that one of my client’s own and I asked him if I could hike his property.  It is over 300 acres and I thought it would be really cool to do.  I’ve often thought that it stinks not being able to hike in my neck of the woods because it’s pretty flat and there’s really no hiking trails.  So, this seemed like a good option.  I’m thinking about writing a letter to another acquaintance to ask him if he would mind. The view that this other person has is the best view in Kaufman County.

Pretty neat old planter, I think.

Pretty artistic.

I didn’t have a hiking stick, so I used the handle for a paint brush roller.

Ants go marching.

I hiked for about 2 hours and it was a lot of fun. I didn’t even get to the back of the property as I wasn’t sure where to go, but it was a really good time.

Bogata Farm

Even more towards the tail end of September, we went to Randy’s farm in Bogata, which means no internet access and a few photos.

No big deal yo, just hanging out on the zip line.




There is also a photo of Sweet Sweet on my phone that isn’t online and I’m not sure why. Will update when I can.

Found it.

Adoption Update for “Y”

On September 25, 2013, the DGM, the agency in charge of issuing exit letters for adopted children, was shutdown for a year. The DGM initially stated that they would not be issuing exit letters so that children could leave the DRC for a period of 12 months in order to control adoptions in the Democratic Republic of Congo. That 12 month period has now passed and the DGM is now stating that they will not be issuing exit letters until further notice. This is a little unsettling but we are just trying to stay positive, have faith that eventually we will bring “Y” home, and remain patient.

We were told that we have passed court in the DRC but we have not received the “Act of Adoption” which is a document needed for us to apply with the US government in order to bring “Y” home from the DRC. We did receive word a few weeks ago that “Y” had malaria but he was put on antibiotics and is feeling better.

So for now, we wait and pray for a little boy that is an ocean away and in our minds, is our son.