1. Ever heard of Wistman’s Wood? If you’ve never been to a rainfoest, you should. Or just a place where a rain forest exists, which can be in a place in the Pacific Northwest or near the equator, but it’s pretty amazing nonetheless. I didn’t know that there is a temperate rainforest in Britain, Wales near starting in Gwynedd (pictured above) and includes a place called Wistman’s Wood (which I could find no pictures that were free to post, but that link has a ton of them).
Photo by Craig Davis on Unsplash
2. Via The Atlantic, there’s a dog in Istanbul there’s a dog named Boji that’s been microchipped and just walks around Istanbul, riding trains, ferries, taking naps, etc. That’s 29 photographs of Boji. That’s a good name for a dog as well.
3. I’m about to start cycling as my brother is building me a bike so this link is just for him. We are in the year 2021 and Bitter Southerner profiles the very first competitive cycling team at a historically Black college at Saint Augustine University.
4. Some professor sat down and thought about the laws of stupidity and this third law is something I recognize way too much.
Law 3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
5. Reasons to be Cheerful the story of Kristine Tompkins and her late husband, Doug, who spent $345 million to buy land in Chile and Argentina consisting of five million hectares to create the Tompkins Conservation.