1. Ever heard of Picos de Europa? Me neither. Affectionately known as the Peaks of Europe, this is a mountain range in the Cantabrian Mountains in northern Spain. In fact, it is the northern most part of Spain, basically the ocean on the other side.
2. Hakai Magazine on the Indegenous women of the Pacific Northwest who had a pack of small white cogs that they would use the fur basically as a wool. Not once in my life would I have ever thought about using dog’s fur as a wool. As an aside, the dogs were basically large Pomeranians
3. Via The Radavist, a father and his daughter take a trip bikepacking the Monumental Loop in New Mexico, the daughter old enough to about to begin graduate school. This link is for my brother who is a new father and will hopefully look forward to a similar trip with his daughter 20 some odd years from now.
4. One of my favorite YouTubers, Beau Miles, walked 90 kilometers to work to give a speech. Just the clothes on his back and a pair of shoes. I run on the highway sometimes and am always amazed by what I see. A few weeks ago, I saw a pair of sunglasses, money, lots of trash, and a dead goat in an old feedbag that someone didn’t want to take the time to bury.
5. Well, I’ve signed up for another ultramarathon, set to be raced on April 17h. I don’t know if I’m ready for it, but I signed up nonetheless. I figure I only have so many of these left in me. In the spirit of that, via SB Nation the story of the original marathoner Pheidippides.